Here is a snapshot of the attitude of Generation Y taken from a previous post. Please keep in mind that this is a blanket generalization for an entire generation and shouldn’t be taken as anything more than an observed trend of a large populace.
Attitude/Behavior of Gen Y:
- Raised as consumers in a media saturated, brand conscious world
- Fostered a distrustful and cynical view of advertising as a whole – prefers trust, irony, and humor.
- Parallel (rather than linear) thinkers
- Apt to begin tasks randomly – perhaps in the middle – as opposed to a traditional starting point
- Graphics oriented, see text as supporting visual material
- Thrive on change and variety.
- Demand quick, if not instant, gratification
- Upbeat, confident, and assertive with high self esteem
- Independent and self-reliant: Used to doing it (and many other things) themselves
- Asserting their “intellectual authority” over parents, teachers, employers because they are more techno-savvy and capable of accessing greater breadth of information quickly.
- High value for education – strive to continue education through life
- Motivated and Goal-Oriented
- Diverse and Tolerant
- Strong dislike for racism in any form, sexism and homophobia
- High in Volunteerism
- Invest in the social and community causes
- What do Gen Yers value most in life? Family, traditional values, country, planet
- Unlike the Baby Boomer generation, Gen Yers value things other than income and status as being primary in life
- Desire to work in highly motivated and committed teams
- Need to be challenged – look for opportunities for growth, education, apprenticeship
- Up to 20% of their time is spent alone
- Includers – they make people feel welcome and involved
- Lofty financial goals – remember they are spenders!
- Trained to be “Doers and Achievers”
- Limited Employer loyalty – Jobs for life are replaced with short-term contracts
- 1 in 5 Gen Y women will choose to remain childless
Read the full post HERE.
Wow, marvelous blog format! How long have you ever been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The whole look of your website is great, let alone
the content material!
Here is my page party planning help
Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I
wanted to write a little comment to support you.
my web site http://www.inside-true-blood-Blog.com/Blog/2012/6/9/erics-office.Html
I like what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and
exposure! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.
Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Thank
you for providing this info.